Our commitment to safety and the environment
Accident prevention and care for the environment are central axes of our work and are part of it. We work with high safety standards and minimizing the environmental impact of our activities, thus contributing to the well-being of the communities in which we operate.
In this line of work, all our works have the Safety Programs and Environmental Studies that are required, in order to identify, prevent and mitigate the potential risks of accidents, occupational diseases and environmental impacts that they may produce. In addition, we carry out all our activities under the requirements of an Integrated Safety and Environmental Management System, which is in line with current legislation and ENARGAS regulations. In this way, we guarantee a responsible action that allows the continuous improvement of our management in these aspects, respecting the guiding principles established in our Safety, Occupational Health and Environment Policy, which we present below:
Camuzzi, as a provider of the public natural gas distribution service, considers safety, occupational health and environmental protection as an integral part of its activities. These aspects are a responsibility of all levels and members of the organization, and are part of the work of each of them. Camuzzi assumes responsibility for caring for the safety of people and the environment, and for this it declares the following principles:
- Provide the gas distribution service with the highest level of security, protecting the life, health of its personnel and the quality of the environment within its entire concession area.
- Promote an organizational culture where the protection of the safety of people and the environment is a value and a virtuous conduct of all members of the company, and is considered with a higher degree of importance than the rest of the business aspects.
- Provide its personnel with safe working conditions and adequate work environments to prevent potential accidents and illnesses related to work.
- Continuously improve its Safety and Environmental Management System, as well as its performance in these aspects, placing emphasis on risk prevention and response capacity in the face of emergencies.
- Promote the participation of personnel and their representatives, as well as the awareness, training and qualification of all company personnel and third parties who act on their behalf, regarding prevention in matters of safety, occupational health and the environment .
- Identify the dangers and risks related to accidents, occupational diseases and negative impacts on the environment in all its activities, implementing prevention and control actions appropriate to its nature.
- Use resources efficiently and rationally, minimizing the generation of waste in all its activities.